Seo agaibh fiosrachadh bho Chomann Cheilteach an Oilthigh mun Dannsa Bhliadhnail:
Information from the University’s Highland Society about this year’s Highland Annual:
Cha mhòr nach eil Dannsa Bliadhnail 2016 an seo! A-rithist bidh Tebhiot làn de dhaoine airson an cèilidh mu mhodha an Dùn Èideann. Tiugainn airson dannsa, deisichean is dramaichean!
The 2016 Highland Annual is almost upon us! Edinburgh’s biggest and busiest ceilidh will take place on March 5th. Teviot Row House will be taken over as usual for tunes, tartan and toe-tapping!
The four ceilidhs taking place are:
– Mary Ann Kennedy with Finlay Wells (the award winning Gaelic singer, clàrsair and radio presenter’s new duo with international guitarist, producer and pianist) http://www.maryannkennedy.co.uk/ http://www.finlaywells.com/)
– Ruairidh Cormack (the 2015 Mod gold medalist)
– Deoch ’n’ Dorus (the well known Glasgow ceilidh band who won the 2012 best Scottish Dance Band http://www.deochndorus.com/)
– The Beinn Lee Ceilidh Band (one of the most recent West Coast ceilidh bands to come onto the scene
– Session: led by the Edinburgh University Folk Society and open to all to come and join in. (http://www.fuzzyhaggis.org.uk/eufolksoc_wp/)
– Open Cèilidh: A relaxed environment for anyone to come along with a song, tune or story and to perform.
8.30pm start, doors open at 8pm. £10 tickets/£7 for student.
You can buy tickets from Captain’s Bar, Sandy Bell’s or Coda Music (from Monday), or from: EUSA (coming soon) or on the door.
There will also be a raffle. Come along, bring friends and family, and enjoy wandering in and out of ceilidhs listening to, dancing to, and playing with some of Scotland’s finest singers and musicians.